Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Musical Chairs


Today I had the opportunity to participate in a Carnival Service Project. My initial feelings were thoughts of this carnival just taking up time that I needed to spend on my Interior Design project. It was held at Woodrow Wilson Elementary for underprivileged children. I have decided I'm the type of person that falls under the category of "slow to warm up". When I first got there I was a little nervous and wanted to go home, but I started working on signs for the stations that would be running. Shortly after I sat down and started writing the letters, multiple children huddled around me and asked to help. After hanging out with the kids for a little bit I began to be more comfortable. I was put in charge of the Musical Chairs station. It was so much fun! I was supposed to leave early so that I could make it to my class at 6:00, but because it was so much fun I couldn't get myself to leave on time. I ended up being half an hour late to my class so that I could spend more time with the children. It was such a great experience, the kids loved it, and I did too! I was reminded today why I love service so much! It makes you feel great!

1 comment:

auntie libby said...

i constantly stalk your blog. it makes me feel like i am in your every day life! i love your blog. i love you!