Happy 4th of July! The 4th is one of my favorite holidays! It always seems like summer's way of saying, I'm Here!! My favorite thing about the 4th is all the red, white, and blue. For one, it reminds me how lucky I am to live in this country, but it also gets me excited for all the 4th of July festivities.This 4th was a little different than most. Usually, my family gets together and has a BBQ and then we do fireworks. This year my family did not get together. I thin
k it was mostly because we could barely get ourselves together knowing John would not be there this year. John has always been the designated firework-lighter. It's so fun to watch him strategically place the fireworks in the street and then walk down the line and light each of them. My favorite thing is watching for the sparkle in his eye, it is brighter than the fireworks, he always looks so proud. This 4th of July, I missed John a lot.
Although, I wasn't able to spend the fourth with my family, I was very lucky to be able to spend it with Dallin and some friends. Dallin's family apparently always eats fried chicken on the 4th, and he couldn't comprehend not doing so, therefore, Dallin and I drove ourselves to buy some fried chicken. It was fun to eat it in the park together. I decided that fried chicken is a tradition that will be easy to adopt, it was tasty! :)
After our traditional meal, we met up with some friends at Holladay Elementary. I've never been able to spend the 4th with friends, I enjoyed myself last night. Teresa was there, and it was very fun to lay next to her on the blanket and watch the fireworks. I consider myself very lucky to have suc
h great friends. My favorite part of the night was snuggling up to Dallin and watching all the sparkly, loud colors of fireworks fill the sky. It was very romantic to be with him. Following the fireworks, we all made our way to Teresa's house and went for a midnight swim. All in all, yesterday was a great 4th of July, even if it was different than the rest.
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
No comments:
Post a Comment