Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Learning

My favorite quote for today is one I read a few days ago on Aunt Jody's wall in her kitchen. At the time I simply read it and only noticed the word 'too' was used incorrectly, but as the week has gone on, I've found myself restating the quote to myself. It's simple, but true, and goes like this,
"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel."
Behind the quote on Aunt Jody's wall was the word Prayer. Prayer is a great blessing. Sometimes I forget to pray, and I can always tell when I do by how my days pass by. I read a talk once on prayer, I don't remember when I read it, where it was, or who wrote it, but it talked about how our Father in Heaven just wants to talk to us, that's all. He just wants to make sure we're doing okay, he wants to make sure we're doing good things, noticing our blessings, and finally presenting our troubles to him in hopes that he can help us make the best decision.
Decisions are hard. I'm glad I have prayer.

No comments: