Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pioneer Day

For the 24th this year, I went with some friends to sleep down town for the parade. I absolutely loved it! When I was little, my single mother used to pack up her 5 daughters and take us down to the parade to sleep over. I remember looking and listening to all the different, slightly crazy, people and wondering why my mom wanted us to sleep there. It was so much fun though, I loved staying up all night playing games, watching the police monitor the streets, but mostly having a great adventure! I hated all the bugs. Sleeping at the parade was one of my favorite traditions. I can't remember why we stopped doing it though, so I was really excited when Jessica told me that's what they were doing for this year. I immediately accepted and asked Dallin if he wanted to go. It was exactly how I remembered it. We stayed up playing scatergories, watched the crazy people, and all the police were there on guard. It's weird how life changes once you're old enough to take care of yourself though. It felt weird being the one to pack up all the bedding, make sure to have treats, water, chairs and an umbrella for the hot heat we'd feel the next morning. The weirdest part was finding somewhere to park. I never thought about that obstacle when I was little! It was a really fun night, even though we didn't get much sleep!
The next morning Dallin and I went to Farmington to spend the day with my family. We both fell asleep instantly on the couch, and along with this got made fun of by Damian for his inability to tell if it was one or two people asleep on the couch. We were both really tired. After our nap we had a BBQ, all my siblings were able to come (except John and Sarah, both were missed). We ended our night with fireworks. This year Kara was the lighter- she did a good job, she is a lot like John. It was another great 24th of July.

No comments: