
It's been a year!! I know you usually consider the year over in January, but for me, it's been a year since I've lived in Salt Lake with my Dad. I can't believe how fast time has gone! I remember how excited I was to be moving in with my Dad and Jessica. I was excited to have people to take care of me, I was excited to let go of some of the stresses that come naturally when living on your own, I was excited to get to know my Dad and Jessica better, but mostly I was excited because it felt SO right! I was really nervous about starting at a new school, starting a new job, and going to a new singles ward. School was surprisingly better than I thought, work was fun because I worked with my lovely mother, and somehow, magically, I found the best singles ward, with the best bishop in the whole valley! I have loved living here in Salt Lake and really grown to love the house I live in. I realized the other day that this is now the place I claim as my home. I wish I would have soaked up every ounce of it, because sadly I will be returning to Provo in January. I'm not ready to leave Salt Lake. I have made so many good, close, life-long friends in Gamma and come to know so many people who have truly impacted my life. I don't feel ready to leave at all, but I know that it is time to pursue my college degree and get in line for graduating and obtaining a career. The good thing about moving to Provo is my best friend Dallin lives there. As I lay in bed last night tossing and turning and dreaming of Provo (but not really dreaming, I'm pretty sure I was awake) I relived those nervous feelings I had before I moved to Salt Lake. They were a bit different this time, mostly because I'm now taking on stresses of living on my own as opposed to leaving them behind, but also because I'm never 100% sure I've made the right decision until after it's already made. I'm nervous to move to Provo, I'm not very excited, and chances are I will go kicking and screaming, but I'm confident I will recieve that reassuring okay at some point. Happy ONE YEAR, and I'm excited to enjoy another December!

Christmas Eve last year.

Christmas Morning last year.

Kara and I with Santa last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment