Monday, February 9, 2009

Mister Mom



Pictured above is the person who's been taking care of me for the last, who knows how long, but noticeably the last couple of weeks. Life here in Provo would be extremely more difficult AND boring without him. I think everyone should try to find one of these. They are indispensable. Some of the things I appreciate about the last couple weeks that he has done for me include:

1. Making me breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not usually all 3 meals in one day, but it may have happened. Phone calls and sweet text messages like this are not very rare, "You can come over now so I can make you lunch while you take your test." "Ok. Love you. You can come over after class and I'll make you lunch if you want."

2. Running to the grocery store at 11:30pm to get items for me, just to make me feel better when I am sick. Not only was it raining, but it was late, and he didn't care.

3. Bringing me shampoo to wash my hair when I don't have any.

4. Looking up the redbox number while on campus in between classes and an appointment, just to ensure I won't be charged an extra $1.70.

5. Letting me use his computer to do my assignments.

6. Helping me with math homework and offering to go over mistakes made on tests so I can know how to fix it.

7. Driving around Provo on the scooter to 3 different ice-cream shops looking for an exact type of smoothie.

8. Finding an article for my nursing class for me to post as group discussion leader. The article was so enjoyed by my professor a class discussion was had the following class period.

9. Not just reading scriptures with me, but explaining and asking questions to make sure I'm learning what I want to.

10. Driving the scooter to the grocery store after taking a test on a Saturday afternoon to buy 7-UP for an upset stomach.

I could continue, but I'm starting to feel like I don't do much. :) I am so grateful for such a good friend that takes such good care of me. I don't think anyone has ever done as much as he does for me, in my life. The best part about all of these things is that he just does them without me even asking. He does it because he wants to. I am very lucky to be friends with this man, and so lucky that he cares about me. I hope I make him just as happy as he makes me.

1 comment:

McKensie Naomi said...

I am pretty sure Dallin wins the sweetheart award! No, Matt and Dallin do! You are a very lucky girl! He adores you, and you can tell with how much he cares for you. I wish and hope every girl can find that same happiness!