Saturday, February 28, 2009

dentist follow-up

I officially have reason to fear the dentist.


Not only did I dislike the idea of the dentist to start with,
BUT, now I have even more aches and pains in my mouth.

I would honestly rather have major surgery than take
a visit to the dentist.

Just the sound of the drill,
the smell of fluoride that seeps into your nose and gives
you a large smothering headache..

the smell of the latex gloves, the gag reflex from just
hearing the sound of the vacuum. Having large AND SHARP
foreign objects put into your mouth..

Walking away with even more soreness than you started with,
having half (or all) of your mouth numb and looking funny
while trying to smile for the rest of the day.

Biting too hard on your tongue and lips
because they are completely dead HOURS later...

but mostly, waking up to a HUGE blue and black BLISTER
the size of your molar on your bottom gum!
Ok- seriously! Is this what I get for saying I hate the
dentist? ANOTHER TRIP BACK?? I seriously woke up this
morning with a large and IN CHARGE blister directly under
the tooth the dentist drilled on last Thursday.

Dentist Trip #2 coming right up Monday afternoon- ohhh No!







...maybe this time I'll talk the dentist up and say how much
I love the whole dentist experience before I go in. It might
just end up being beneficial.

No comments: