And, I don't mean your political vote! (Well, yes, you should do that too..) I mean I want to know what you think! I'm trying to decide if I should change my major! Yes, I know.. it's risky!! I'm so close to applying for Nursing school, but yet so far. As I've thought (in depth, I might add) about Nursing school the last few weeks, I realized I don't have a strong desire to work as a Nurse anymore. I can't imagine myself in the hospital for the rest of my life! I want to work with people, and talk with them. I know I'll see plenty of people as a Nurse, but I don't want to be the one in the back passing meds and charting! I'm taking an Interior Design class this semester. I'm not really sure why I registered for it. It has NOTHING to do with my major, I don't need the credit, and I haven't considered Interior Design since about age 10. The class is not what I expected. I was hoping to have a fun class where I could be creative and make pieces of art through decorating. Unfortunately this class follows along with most other classes in the college setting, we actually LEARN about styles and designing... BORING! The class however, has gotten me thinking that I could be good at something like this. I'm sick of studying for Anatomy all the time and not doing REALLY well! I kinda want to do something I would be good at (do you blame me?). I need to decide what to do, and soon! I guess I feel like it would be hard to stop Nursing after I've taken hard classes and gone so far. Interior Design would be harder to get a job after graduation, but I know I'd love it! I just can't decide, so I want to hear what everyone else thinks! Interior Design, or Nursing??
vs.
vs.
4 comments:
Why not double major? Or minor in interior design? I think if you truly don't love nursing then you shouldn't do it but I have heard you talk so much about it, maybe you STILL do love it, you are just intimidated by not getting A's in every class. I think you would be a fantastic nurse and if I was sick I would definitely want you there! Look at how much you have done for Kens already!
I think an important part of why the brethern ask us to be educated is because you never know when you are going to get a divorce, your husband dies, or you just plain and simple need an extra income. nurses make great money and there will always be a need. my mom is a nurse and she was telling me with this financial turmoil and all the talk of "another depression" while I as a banker who does investments may be worried she will never be worried. people may not always want people to invest their money, but they will always be sick, they will always need surgeries, and we will always need nurses.
Something to think about.... but like I started off with...whatever makes you TRULY truly happy. And then of course you should take it to the Lord.
im sorry i suffer with the same qualms myself everyday...today i was even thinking i could be a pro gardner??? what??? anyway i just commented to say youre really funny. loved the two pics.
Hey cute girl! I feel your dilemma! Hmmm. My advice, as a person of some years, is to get through this semester, with the tough classes like anatomy , etc. They are stressing you and I suspect you just want to be rid of all of it. And I do understand that many nursing positions are less desirable. But you also have flexibility in that profession, and the pay is very good. So all I am saying is not to make a knee jerk decision in the middle of stress. It may very well be that you are supposed to do something else, like interior design. But if you don't HAVE to make that decision right now then give yourself a break and just focus on getting through this semester.
One thing I know for sure: you will be great at whatever you decide to do.
Onward!
I definately agree with Mandi. Interior Design is one of the first things to go when people need to cut back. The one thing my grandma didn't like about interior design is that she felt like "a servant to the rich". She had a lot of very wealthy clients, and she couldn't afford the furniture she was choosing out for people.
I think when all is said and done, you should pray about it. You go through too much school to get it wrong the first time! Although an alternative would be if you minored in interior design you could be an interior decorator, and have enough know how to be good at it. There's to many interior decorators out there who don't know anything about interior design. Then if the economy goes south and you need a job, you can do nursing.
Post a Comment