Wednesday, October 1, 2008

need, want, wish... most importantly, DO!

I want:

-I want to do well in school.
-I want to be able to play beautiful music. (doesn't matter which instrument, any will do)
-I want to be happy.
-I want to know "the plan". (I realize this isn't always possible, but I want it)
-I want strangers to feel like I'm their friend.

I need:

-I need to read my scriptures more frequently.
-I need to study more often.
-I need a new job.
-I need more than 24 hours in a day.
-I need to work on my physical activity.

I wish:

-I wish life was more constant.
-I wish Stephen wasn't moving across the country.
-I wish I lived closer to Dallin, but still close to friends in SLC.
-I wish I could be on time. (to anything, anything would be great!)
-I wish answers to prayers came more clearly. (but I'm grateful for the learning experience)
-I wish after somebody left your life, you could just forget about it.

I apologize to anyone who might read this. I am normally opposed to 'downer' blogs, but because I recently decided my blog is my new way of journaling (is that a word?), I had to write about these things. Life is great, it really is. The sun is shining! I have a house to live in. A Dad that protects me and takes care of me. A school to attend and learn. Friends to have fun with. Nature to admire. Prayer to speak to Heavenly Father with. Scriptures to read the words of God. Prophets to be guided by. Feet to help me walk. Eyes to help me see. Music to calm me. (specifically Cori's music) Family to be involved with. How come it's hard to remember these things all the time? That goes back to my I wish life was more constant. I should make a list of all these things and put it above my bed, but you know how that goes... a few weeks of being there and it becomes part of the bed and you don't even recognize it anymore. Anyway, this is just my venting. It's amazing how writing (or typing) things out really helps me to sort my thoughts and makes me feel better. I've started to feel embarrassed about the amount of people that read my blog and make comments. A lot of the things I put on here are personal and I don't really expect people to read them, but now that I know they do I find myself thinking about it more, which is kind of irritating. So, if you find yourself sitting in front of your computer and stalking blogs and somehow run across mine, I apologize... No, I'm not married and I don't have pictures of my cute children and updates on how my family is doing. I'm just a single girl, going through school and trying to figure life out and where I fit in to it. This particular blog is more of a complaint, which I'm already feeling guilty about, and I'm dragging it on way too far, so here is the end.

Ps. I will Do:

-I will smile more often. (at least if it's not real at first, it will become real soon enough)
-I will go to the temple more often.
-I will pray harder and longer and more sincerely.
-I will fast on Sunday. (after conference)
-I will make sure anatomy is a priority.
-I will fulfill my church callings. (especially gamma)
-I will serve others.
-I will look around and see that life is good.

No comments: