Friday, May 23, 2008

My heart is in Mexico

Okay, so.. I know that a good majority of people who are going to read this will probably feel some type of gag reflex within themselves as I try and describe my brief heartache, but I figure, if I can get that kind of a response I may have accomplished the point in publishing this little shpill. The title reads, "My heart is in Mexico". I wish my heart would have taken me along. For privacy purposes we'll leave the name anonymous, and for this entry, "his" name will just be, My Heart. I know, I'm pathetic. Alright, here goes.. yes, I'm going to make a list of reasons why I love "my heart".
1. He's devoted
-to me.
-to school.
-to his family.
-mostly, he's devoted to Christ and his example.
2. He's super smart
-being able to get all A's is on my wish list for heaven(since I can't seem to pull it off here).
-being smart is one of the bee-attitudes(bonus points).
-being able to think things through and hold and understand knowledge is a great talent.
3. He's a HUNK (Lauren hit the nail on the head with her description)
-his eyes are cute.
-his lips are cute.
-lastly, who doesn't like a cute butt? :)
4. He understands and loves the scriptures
-I've always known if I have a question, he can answer it.
-when I see him studying the scriptures, I love that he's really studying.
-people who make reference to the scriptures in everyday conversation are on the right path!
5. He has a way with words
-he flatters me, always.
-even though he prefers silence, he'll choke out some type of conversation, just to calm me.
-the word profound might be found under his name in the dictionary.
6. He's .. well, a gentleman
-always opens my door, always will
-he holds my hand(even in public, and I know PDA isn't on his list of favorite activities).
-Ross the Boss taught this boy the right way to treat a woman, lucky for me, it stuck.
7. He has goals
-hopes and plans for his future and career.
-he knows what he does now, isn't just for himself, but for others who will reap the benefits.
-to not only set goals, but to achieve them is an act worth recieving recognition.
8. He loves his family
-being the youngest boy, but always being looked up to.
-when his niece is the background on his cell phone, he's a keeper.
-family first isn't a saying, it's just the way it is.
9. He's a hard worker
-ambitious(enough said!)
-not only doing, but loving hard labor, the garden is a love.
-he works hard on everything he does.
10. He is talented
-although I joke about never being able to be good at something, his skills put it to truth.
-whether it's unicycling, longboarding, kissing or studying, talent is present.
-I don't need to brag about myself, I can brag about him.

These are the reasons I love him, I'm sorry for those of you who couldn't make it through the list. While watching Pride and Prejudice, this bit of advise is one that stuck,

"The seasoned huntress can afford to be selective. There are many fish in the sea, but very few are keepers. In the end, the limit is one, so choose carefully."

Fortunate for me, I was lucky enough to catch one of the few. To my heart, thanks for sticking in there.

3 comments:

Hailey said...

this is so cheesy, yes. but also so so adorable. i'm happy that you are a girl after my own heart a.k.a. a hopeless romantic! thank you thank you thank!

Anonymous said...

i love it...a blogging master. I look up to you.

McKensie Naomi said...

So sweet. And i love this! Now, is a sliver of your heart in Mexico again? haha